EPISODE #4: “Drinkin’, Smokin’ and Poppin’ Pills”
JUNE 02, 2014
Drinking songs are a folk tradition passed along by oral tradition– the foundation of country music. California has had a wild reputation since its pioneer days during the Gold Rush and whether a cautionary tale or rowdy sing-along, the tradition of drinkin’ and imbibin’ songs has evolved hand in hand with the golden state.
- Jack and Coke – Lynda Kay.
- The Bottle Let Me Down – Vince Gill & Paul Franklin.
- I Got Loaded – Los Lobos.
- Caballero – 29 Mules.
- Hang – Mojo Monkeys.
- The Piano Has Been Drinkin – Tom Waits.
- Little White Lines – Shooter Jennings.
- Hangovers and Heartaches – Jimi Nelson.
- Small Town Tragedy – Shurman.
- Whiskey, If You Were a Woman – Highway 101.
- What Don’t Kill Ya – Michael-Ann.
- Drunken Angel – Lucinda Williams.
- One More Drink Before I Go – Ted Russell Kamp